Applications are now being accepted for the position of Retail Manager - Land & Life Foundation
Land & Life purpose: L&L is the sustainability arm of the SafariCo group. Safarico’s focus is in the Kenyan and Tanzanian hospitality sector. The portfolio of companies included in SafariCo are: Elewana, Sopa Lodges, Cheli & Peacock, SkySafari and Land and Life.
Land and Life focuses on critical programmes to uplift the communities in which we operate. The programmes range from Education, Feeding, Community specific infrastructure, building circular economies and ensuring that the entire group is delivering on a group-wide sustainability strategy.
The Retail Manager will be responsible for sourcing and managing the distribution of retail items to all 9 properties, ensuring efficient and effective procurement, stock management, quality control, dispatch, merchandising assistance etc
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procurement and identifying new supplier relationships in line with the overall ethos of the brand and be innovative and ahead of the compset
- Receive all stock from suppliers and enter into software, ensure correct coding and pricing, resolve discrepancies
- Prepare and package all items for dispatch with relevant documentation
- Inventory management and stock control across all properties, maintaining par stock levels
- Refreshing the look and feel of the shops regularly including guest and GM feedback to improve overall guest experience
- Working with the teams on the ground to reach targets
- Analyze financial reports and key performance indicators (KPIs) to make informed decisions.
- Monitor sales performance and analyze sales data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare regular reports on sales, inventory, and other relevant metrics.
- Provide updates to upper management on store performance and challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement - Retail Management, or related field (preferred).
- 5-7 years proven experience in retail management
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in using point-of-sale (POS) systems and other retail software.
- Knowledge of retail operations, merchandising, and customer service principles.Analytical and financial skills to interpret sales data and make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays when needed.
We offer attractive remuneration, benefits and career progression appropriate to your skills, qualifications and experience.