All staff working at the Elewana Collection properties in Tanzania will be undergoing Responsible Tourism Training over the next few weeks. The first to undergo the training sessions, were the staff at Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp, who were taken through two days of interactive teaching.Conducting the training is Johannes Solar Obeto (Solar for short), who is an advisor for Travelife in addition to a Coach and Audit Coordinator for RTTZ (Responsible Tourism Tanzania) . He has years of experience in sustainable tourism and responsible travel.
Below are the topics that will be covered with the team at each property;
- Topic 1: General Introduction to Tourism and Environment
- Topic 2: General Introduction to Sustainable Tourism/Responsible Tourism
- Topic 3: Organization Sustainability Concepts
- Topic 4: Human Resources and Best Work Place Practices
- Topic 5: Customer Awareness and Satisfactions
- Topic 6: Supply Chains and Ecofriendly Procurement Practices
- Topic 7: Sustainable constructions, locations, methods, materials
- Topic 8: Environmental planning; impact assessments and audits
- Topic 9: Socio-Economic Sustainability Concepts
- Topic 10: Environmental Sustainability Concepts
- Topic 11: Historical and Cultural Heritage Sustainability Concepts
Responsible Tourism Tanzania (RTTZ) is a non-profit organization that encourages and promotes a more sustainable tourism industry within Tanzania. RTTZ was established in 2011 as a trusteeship with a governance and membership base that includes the key stakeholders within the tourism industry, providing various services or functions to support the industry to manage their business in a sustainable manner.