East Africa’s most popular and best known music and cultural festival, Sauti Za Busara, has secured funding worth over 340.000 US Dollars for the next three years after signing a new sponsorship deal with the Norwegian Embassy in Tanzania.
Sauti za Busara brings people together to celebrate African music under African skies. The 17th edition will take place in Stone Town, Zanzibar from 13th - 16th February 2020. Highlights include:
- 400+ musicians: 44 shows over 4 days and nights
- Carnival Parade: Zanzibar Town and outlying districts buzz with festival fever!
- Swahili Encounters: Local and visiting musicians exchange and collaborate
- Movers & Shakers: Networking for music industry professionals
- Busara Xtra: Fringe events, as organised by the local community
Elewana Kilindi Zanzibar is the perfect place to stay and enjoy the festivities of the festival. Set in a picturesque tropical garden with its secluded beachfront, the luxurious Pavilion suites embrace wide-arched glassless windows affording spectacular views over the Indian Ocean.
Each villa has its own private plunge pool and is tended to by its own Guest Ambassador. Kilindi's 'open-to-nature' approach provides the true essence to any stay and crafts a private, intimate and 'barefoot' appeal that so many crave. Explore the hidden secrets of the island or relax in the infinity pool watching the dhows head out to sea, with a gentle breeze in their sail.