We encourage families to experience East African, as there is no better place to enjoy a truly memorable safari with one’s family.
Our many a varied local East African cultures all treasures children, and our activities and wildlife fascinate parents and children alike. Our small boutique properties allow for personalized and flexible mealtimes, and many of our properties also offer accommodation specifically designed for families.
Tip 1: Child Policy
- Children aged 12-17 in their own room (2 min.) 75% of the Adult Rate
- Children aged 12-17 sharing with adult 50% of the Adult Rate
- Children under 12 sharing with 1 adult Child(ren) FOC + Adult Single Rate
Tip 2: Booking Family accommodation
- Elewana Tortilis Camp Amboseli - Family tent and Private House
- Elewana Elsa’s Kopje Meru - Family tent, Private house
- Elewana Lewa Safari Camp - Family tent
- Elewana Kifaru House Lewa - Family cottage
- Elewana Sand River Masai Mara - Family tent
- Elewana Serenegti Pioneer Camp – Family Tent
- Elewana The Manor Ngorongoro – Stable Cottage
Tip 3: Exclusive use of vehicle
When booking the Family units at the Kenya or Tanzania properties we provide exclusive use of vehicle for those traveling with children.
Tip 4: Fun for the whole family
Elewana Collection offers a range of activities, such as bush breakfasts, nature walks and game drives in our custom 4x4 vehicles with an elite team of guides. To help you plan your safari, below are the child specific activities at each of the Elewana properties;
Note: Please check when booking, as some of these activities are at an additional cost and need to be arranged in advance.
Tip 5: The Elewana Team
Every member of the Elewana team wants to ensure each individual has an exceptional experience, if there is anything we can do to make your stay better (within reason), just ask and we will do everything possible to make it happen from watching the children, so the parents can enjoy a peaceful dinner to cooking the kids favourite meal or even washing their favourite soft toy, returning it as quickly as possible (weather permitting). We will go out of our way to make it special for the whole family.